Addiction Aftercare Programs in Seattle
What are Addiction Aftercare Programs?
Addiction aftercare programs, also known as continuing care or aftercare, are programs designed to support individuals who have completed primary treatment for substance abuse disorders. These programs provide ongoing support and resources to help individuals maintain their sobriety and prevent relapse. Aftercare programs can include individual and group therapy, 12-step programs, educational workshops, and other support services.
Local Addiction Aftercare Programs in Seattle, Washington
1. Seattle Counseling Service – This agency offers aftercare services for individuals with substance abuse and co-occurring mental health disorders. They provide individual and group therapy, relapse prevention, and support groups for the LGBTQ+ community.
2. Seattle Drug and Narcotic Center – This organization offers a variety of aftercare services, including individual and group therapy, sober housing, and vocational services. They also have a specialized program for pregnant and parenting women.
3. Lakeside-Milam Recovery Centers – Lakeside-Milam offers a comprehensive aftercare program for individuals who have completed primary treatment. This program includes individual and group therapy, relapse prevention, and family counseling.
Facts and Statistics on Addiction Aftercare in Seattle and Washington
1. In 2016, there were 730 opioid-related overdose deaths in Washington, a 19% increase from 2015.
2. Between 2014 and 2018, the rate of suspected opioid-related overdose deaths in Seattle increased from 7 per 100,000 people to 12 per 100,000 people.
3. According to data from the Washington State Department of Health, in 2019, there were 412 admissions to treatment facilities in King County (where Seattle is located) for heroin addiction.
4. A study by the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services found that about 70% of individuals who completed treatment for substance abuse continued to use aftercare services.
5. In a survey of individuals who completed treatment for substance abuse in Washington, 89% reported that aftercare services helped them maintain their sobriety.
6. The Washington State Department of Social and Health Services found that aftercare services were more effective when tailored to the individual's specific needs and incorporated evidence-based practices.
In conclusion, addiction aftercare programs are essential for individuals in Seattle and Washington to maintain their sobriety after completing primary treatment for substance abuse disorders. With the increasing prevalence of opioid-related deaths in the state, it is crucial that treatment facilities offer comprehensive aftercare programs to support individuals in their recovery journey. Research has shown that aftercare services are effective in helping individuals maintain their sobriety, and it is important for these programs to be tailored to the individual's needs to increase their success.